The Aging Athlete Interview with Cyndi George
We all know that we need to keep moving as we age but sometimes there are things beyond our control stopping us. But that doesn’t mean you can’t do something about it. Enjoy!
Join us as we learn about different methodologies for treatment of pain and movement efficiencies with the owner of Cynshine Yoga, Pilates and More, Cyndi George. Cyndi specializes in bringing ease of movement back to clients who thought it would never happen again thru Fascial Stretching for Range of Motion and Movement and Rehabilitation Movement Work. We learn more about this type of work and examples of ways she has been able to help people.
Cyndi’s goal is to build a community where she and her staff can educate clients on how and why their bodies move and compensate and then teach them how to move with more efficiency, fluidity and more importantly without pain.
M.S. Physical Education (Indiana University)
B.S. Physical Education/Adapted
PE/Coaching/Gymnastics (Indiana University)
- · McLoughlin Scar Release International Instructor and Practitioner
- · Neurokinetic Therapist Level 3 and Teaching assistant for Levels 1 & 2
- · Advanced Active Isolated Fascial Stretching Practitioner: “The Mattes Method”
- · Advanced Pilates for Neurological Disorders (Any Neurological disorder including: MS CP TBI, Parkinson’s etc.)
- · Stott Pilates Comprehensive Certified Pilates Teacher
- . Pilates for Golf
- . Pilates for Scoliosis
- . Pilates for Injuries & Special Populations
- . Pilates for Athletes
- · Parkinson’s Regeneration Training ®
- · Immaculate Dissection Anatomy and movement courses with Dr. Kathy Dooley, Dr. Anna Folckomer and Dr. Kris Kirby
- . Core, Upper extremities, Lower extremities, and Head neck hands jaw and feet
- · Lymphatic Mojo and Functional Health Solutions with Dr. Perry Nickelston and Dr. Stewart Gillespie
- · Reiki Master
- · Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga Teacher 500 E-RYT & YACEP
- . Nationally Certified Teacher
- . Continuing Education Provider
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjOu2Y9LUDywXeLiKTt8QXw
McLoughlin Scar Tissue Release Instructor Page: https://www.mcloughlin-scar-release.com/instructors/
McLoughlin Scar Tissue Release Certified Practitioner Page: https://www.mcloughlin-scar-release.com/practitioner-directory/
Active isolated Stretching Practitioner Page: https://www.stretchingusa.com/practitioners/
Neurokinetic Therapy Practitioner Page: https://neurokinetictherapy.com/certified-practitioners/
Cyndi discusses the modalities she uses namely Alastair McLoughlin‘s McLoughlin Scar Tissue Release® Technique, Neurokinetic Therapy® , Active Isolated Stretching®, Pilates for Neurological Disorders & More! Self reporting….yes I was a little nervous and I think I may have said the body is like 90% H20 ☄️ 🤣 when in actuality it is closer to 60% – Just a little verbal dyslexia and chalking it up to nerves! 🤣
What a gift Heidi’s Podcasts are to the world please follow her – her credentials are top notch including triathlon coaching with swimming being her super power plus and fun podcasts for those of us wandering in the second act of our lives! Enjoy ~ Stay happy and healthy and keep moving!
Follow More of Heidi’s podcasts here: https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/the-aging-athlete and on facebook: The Aging Athlete #theagingathlete #healthyheidi #moveit #healthyaging